Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Intimate yet public, and soooo sexy!

So, like everyone on Earth with a television, I've been devouring all the Olympic coverage I can get. Thank gods I live where I can get both CBC and NBC coverage! I had a moment of...revelation? titilation? I don't know how to categorize it without dating myself with an Arsenio Hall "things that make you go Hmmmm" moment or a Scooby-Do "Rrr?". Let me set the scene: Male Olympic Swimmers. ::happy sigh:: Some might lament the loss of the Speedo bikini suits, but not I. I am officially in love with the full body suits. Why? Becuase of that moment I just mentioned. I may have the players of the scene wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was Micheal Phelps and Jason Lezak after the Men's 4x100m Freestyle Relay. Phelps wears the long half suit (nice, too); Lezak wears the full body suit. In a split second I saw an oddly casual but inimate moment between the two of them. A moment probably repeated thousands of times at these sorts of meets over the course of a year, but it was new to me. Phleps reached over and undid the zipper at the back of Lezak's suit for him. I thought at the time: How many men ever do that for each other? Women? Sure. Were it two women, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. What woman hasn't had someone unzip the back of a dress for her? But two men? On international TV? In HD? Mmm...sexy!

So what's your favourite non-medal, perhaps even non-competitive, Olympic moment so far this year?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails