Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Under pressure

I like having deadlines. Deadlines are very motivating, since I am loathe to miss one and always have been. If I have to stay up all night to finish, I will make my deadlines. I pulled many an all-nighter in university finishing essays, since my time-management skills were not very well honed, to put it kindly.

I have a deadline for my new novel, and I've been plugging away to ensure that I meet it, which I will, with some room to breathe, even. After months of nose to grindstone, I'll be taking a much-needed vacation to Provincetown and New York City. I can practically taste the frozen margaritas already.

So here's a question: What's your favourite way to celebrate once you've completed an important project and met a deadline?

1 comment:

Maia Strong said...

I'm a big fan of a celebratory pint at the neighborhood pub. Of course, I go there while I'm writing, too, so it's not necessarily an unusual thing. ;) But it's still a nice way to mark the completion of a project.

Related Posts with Thumbnails