Friday, September 3, 2010

Confessions of an artistic nature...


It's no secret that I've been neglecting my writing for too long, but I can't help it. I've got the art bug, so whenever I'm not working on an illustration or design project (which feels like, oh, I don't know...ALWAYS *g*), I take some time out to pick up my pastels or watercolors. For fairly obvious reasons (hey, this is why I'm part of the blog roll for S&B!), I enjoy working with male subjects for my drawings and paintings, and every once in a while I splurge on hiring a model to pose for a three hour session. There's something very satisfying about carefully observing the subject (purely for artistic purposes, so get those dirty thoughts out of your minds!) and recording those observations with marks on paper. To make something out of nothing and infuse with a part of ourselves is the core of what makes art such a universally enjoyable medium, and I absolutely love it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend! Stay safe, enjoy your friends & family, and do something creative while you're at it. :D Me? I've got a date with my easel.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails