Sunday, July 1, 2012

What do you like?


The first Sunday of the month ambushed me yet again. It seems mid-month I can think of plenty of blog topics, but then when my turn comes around, my mind is a perfect void. Ah, but it was a beautiful non-writing day today. I went hiking with the Hubby, and then we lounged out on the back porch, reading, until the mosquitos drove us back indoors. So yes, my mind is on other things besides fiction, blogs, or even this computer.

Instead of sifting through my list of potential blog topics tonight, I’m going to put it to you, the readers of this blog. What do you like to read about? Do you prefer topics to be strictly books? Do you like glimpses into the personal lives of your favorite authors? Do you like random thoughts and ideas? Do read this at all?

I’m curious, dear Readers, because I can’t compare my own habits of reading blogs of authors I like because, well, I’m very, very behind.

Let me know what you look for an enjoy, and in turn, I’ll pick one lucky commenter to win a copy of my latest release, Hounded By Love. The one disclaimer is this: Since I’m only on Slash & Burn once a month, I’ll be posting the winner on my own site (piaveleno.com) and as usual, the winner must contact me with his or her preferred format. It has surprised me in the past, how many people put their names in for a raffle, but don’t check back to claim a prize. That means those of you who do have a much better shot at winning. If not on the first draw, eventually.

Have a great Fourth, and stay safe. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do.

Ciao,
Pia Veleno

4 comments:

Melora said...

I like knowing when new books are coming out or if you've read something you love and want to recommend. I like glimpses of the writing process and seeing that hard work and dedication to put out a quality product (makes me appreciate it more when I finally get my hands on it). I enjoy pretty pictures, humorous anecdotes and even the occasional rant. In essence I like a variety of things and enjoy reading a well-rounded blog.

Anonymous said...

I like reading about what is new with the blogger as far as their latest book or work. Also, I like reading about other new books and objective reviews/recommendations of other books. I like having other guests be interviewed sometimes if they have a new work or have something interesting to say. Some personal posts by the blogger are good and gives the blog more personality. Pictures are good since they attract the eye.

Jess
strive4bst at yahoo dot com

Marissa said...

I always like getting an excerpt from a new book, but I also like hearing how the idea for the story came about. How a niggle of an idea grew into a full-fledged book, or how a character evolved during the course of writing.

Pia Veleno said...

Thanks so much everyone. This is great feedback. Keep the comments coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails