Sunday, December 23, 2012

Holiday yumminess

Well, it's that time of year again.... time for way too many rich holiday treats. I personally love to see a table laden with desserts, but maybe that's just me. In any case, allow me to present to you the recipe I'll be making today and bringing over to my parents' house tonight.

Apple Cobbler with Nilla Wafer Crust

8 cups granny smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
1/3 cup old fashioned oats or 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup cold margarine
25 nilla wafers, crushed (about 1 cup)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Toss apples with 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1 tsp of the cinnamon. Spoon into 8- or 9- inch baking dish. 

Combine oats, the remaining brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add wafer crumbs, mix well. Spread crumb mixture evenly over apples. 

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or cooled. Top with whipped topping.

Trust me, with the Nilla Wafers? Delish. Happy baking!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails