Monday, June 11, 2007

A little trivia

Doing a little research, I ran across some interesting facts.
I started reading and writing M/M stories through fanfiction, as many authors I've chatted with started.
Let's see how much history you know? I'll post the answers later this week.

*What year did M/M material enter media fandom?
*What year did F/F emerge?
*By 1985, this material had a name. What is it?
*What fandom was associated with early slash? What couple?

Maybe that will get your brains moving this week *lol* Have fun

Oh, and while you are answering the questions, let us know what fandom you've read in your lifetime :)

3 comments:

Amanda Young said...

I don't know the answer to any of those. *hanging head* I've never even read any fanfiction. Lord, I feel clueless. *g*

Barbara Sheridan said...

I'll take a stab at the last 2

was the name "Slash"? and was the pairing Kirk/Spock?

Note the slash between name which gave rise to the term slash fiction.

Anonymous said...

you are correct Barbara :)

Answers:
*M/M made its appearance in 1974 (I was 1 *eek*)
*F/F came around in 1977
*1985, the name was Slash (as Barbara had said, because of the / between names)
*Early fandom was Star Trek with Kirk/Spock as its primary coupling

Learn something new?? :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails