Friday, September 21, 2007

Is M/M about to become "Legit"?

Okay I'm pretty late in posting this but the brain was not wanting to focus and the grandchild has been acting very "Terrible Two-ish"

Ever since I read about it on one of email loops I've been wondering if Suzanne Brockmann's new book will open NY publishers to m/m. Of course the fact that she already sells well makes the "usual rules" not apply. Still, this has to be good for all of us right?


Cover Blurb All Through the Night:

It’s Christmastime in Boston, and this year the silver bells will be wedding bells as FBI agent Jules Cassidy ties the knot with the man of his dreams, Hollywood heartthrob Robin Chadwick.

The pair plan a quiet, intimate ceremony, to be witnessed by family and close friends from the FBI, SEAL Team Sixteen, and Troubleshooters, Incorporated, including Sam Starrett and Alyssa Locke. But the holiday season brings more to the happy couple than they expect.

A waterfall coming through their kitchen ceiling, a bat colony in the attic, old family tensions…even an international incident can’t dampen their spirits. But add to that a parade of unexpected guests, including a reporter looking for a scoop, an ex-lover hell-bent on causing trouble, and a dangerous stalker, and suddenly the wedding is poised to unravel in chaos.

But nothing will stop Jules and Robin from getting their happy ending, because along with a guest list featuring the most elite counterterrorism force in the world, they have their own secret weapon - true love

+ + + + + +

So what do you guys think? I admit I've not read Brockmann's work before but I think I'll pick up this one to see how she handles it.

7 comments:

Joely Skye said...

I'm a Brockmann fangirl, so I'll definitely be picking this one up. I've been reading Jules story for a while now, and I just loved Hot Target where Robin and Jules met.

Anne Cain said...

Whoah...! O_O I'm definitely curious enough to give this book a shot, especially if strong sales figures will give NY the clue that, "hell yes--GLBT/yaoi romance geared for the heterosexual woman IS marketable."

Even stodgy RT would have to acknowledge the book's success if enough of their readers speak up!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love Jules! I'm waiting for his happy ending. After many books! Be aware that to better know the characters, you should know that they met in Hot target and finally got together in another book

Barbara Sheridan said...

I just snagged Hot Target at the library. Before checking out I skimmed through to the Jules intro part. He's very cool and in those few paragraphs.

Hopefully not reading whatever books came before won't make this one too hard to get into.

Anonymous said...

I've never read Brockmann yet, but it looks like I'll have to check into her books. (I swear hubby is going to kick me out because of all the books lol)

However, another print book getting some comments concerning it's M/M content is Emma Holly's Fairyville (Berkley Sensation) I haven't read it yet, but apparently it has quite a few M/M and M/M/F scenes that are explicit. *yum* Unfortunately, the publisher didn't put any warning of the gay content and some of her normal readers/new readers aren't happy with it. They rave that the story is great (it's really a love story), but not into the M/M content *sigh*
You can read some of the comments on Amazon -

Barbara Sheridan said...

I'm thinking that if NY becomes more open to it they'll want "nice" & "safe" m/m in the more traditional romance sphere than our fav harder edged stuff.

Sabrina Luna said...

Most put Emma's Fairyville down on my to-buy-to-be-put-in-to-be-read pile, for sure! Thx for the tip, Marty! :)

Also will be checking on SBrockman's title --especially after reading the excerpt on her homepage. ;)

Y'all this blog's full of good & cool stuff :)
Hugs & Thx,
S )O(

Related Posts with Thumbnails