Monday, May 25, 2009

Round Robin XXV

I hope everyone is having a fun and safe Memorial Day (those that are in the US) It's been nice weather until the afternoon thunderstorms that are about to roll in. So before I lose my internet, I'll post the next part of the round robin.
^-^

Last Part Here

Matthew’s comment made Cole’s blood boil – and not the good, desire-type of boil. Cole was pissed. The guy was a stubborn, jello for brains fool. Could he not see that the world had some good people? That just because he’d run across some pricks…okay, a lot of pricks if he was involved with the Bronsons, but not everyone is in the same mind set.

Cole moved in on Matthew until his back was against the nearest wall. It didn’t matter that Matthew was a half foot taller than he. Cole knew he had more bron and could take him easily. He stared up into Matthew’s blue eyes, not missing the flicker of fear.

Good. Real fear just might do him good. But then, the purpose of this wasn’t to instill fear. He just wanted Matthew’s complete attention so he’d see the anger and hear the seriousness of his words.

“Cut the bullshit, Matthew. If I was just after a piece of ass, I’d have taken it, quite often the way you offer yourself, and then sent you packing, just like Bronson. I don’t know your situation because every time I try, you clam up or get defensive. Yeah, I’m curious as hell as to why a gorgeous guy like you needs to sell yourself on the street, but you need to get a grip.”

Cole slammed his hands on the wall next to Matthew’s head, making him jump. “All I’ve wanted to do was help you. I’m not asking for sex or a live in pleasure slave. If you see yourself as a whore, that’s fine. I don’t.”

Some of the anger cooled and he broke eye contact to hang his head and let out a long breath. “I see a lost and confused soul who distrusts everyone.” He pushed off the wall and turned away. “The offer stands. It’s up to you. My studio has a couch with a fold-out bed. You can stay in there until you decide your next step.”

Cole left the kitchen without looking back.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails