So I'm working on my latest book. The second in the Mother Earth series, follow-up to Dragon's Kiss. It started out all right. Dragon gutted a bad guy in the first sentence *g* But of course it couldn't last. I got distracted like I always do, and let Pretty Shiny Things lure me away from all the hard work I need to do on this thing.
My current list of distractions:
- Facebook. I have an author page (and a fan page), but it's my personal page, under my real name, that's keeping me busy right now. Stupid Facebook quizzes.
- Twitter. It is sweet, sweet Evil in bite-size pieces. Sneaks up on you and sabotages your diet before you know what's happened. Kind of like M&Ms.
- Draco. OMG, y'all. Tom Felton has grown up puuuuuurty. I have become quite fond of this photo here (scroll down). What can I say, bloody, bare-chested Draco does it for me O_O
- iTunes. Setting up a playlist for the new book. That wasted a couple of hours. And why, I ask you? Because I just have to set the right mood with music before I can write. Sigh.
- Attempting to think up a name for the book. I don't know if this counts as procrastination or not, but I'm gonna call it that since I did, in fact, use it as an excuse to actually avoid writing today. And I didn't even come up with a name! Dammit <_<
- Tee Vee. Ghost Hunters. DVDs. Good grief. Whoever invented the television clearly did not want me to get ANYTHING done ever. Bastid.
Well, that's what is keeping me from getting MY work done (and it has nothing as all to do with me being weak, unorganized and utterly lacking in willpower). Please tell me I'm not alone. Y'all get distracted by the Shinies in life too, right?? Music, books, TV, pretty boys/girls/both, power tools, cars, action figures? Right???