Thursday, October 28, 2010

This is Halloween!!

Yes it is that time of year. My favorite of all -- Halloween.

I'm gearing up for the party on Saturday. It's always fun and I'm just having a ball with the menu this year (since the spawn are old enough that we can go super creepy!)

So what is James having you ask?

Well, as you can see by the picture, A Meat Head.  You'll also find a Brain on the table. This summer salmon mold actually works very, very effectively in the brain mold. It's the right constancy and the right color -- that good pinky-grey. You can get at most halloween supply shops  Ialso will have a some min cheese brains as well. I have a few 1/2 cup sized molds and they work well for that.

Rounding out the table you'll find Fried Fingers (Fried Mozzerella Sticks from Cost-Co) with congeled blood dipping sauce (good old Ragu), Baked witches toes (mini hotdogs in crecent dough -- also from Cost-Co), Moon Bites (mini pizzas -- guess from where? Cost-Co), Puss with crackers (hummus and pita chips) and eyeball salad  --gotta sneak some fruit in there somehow.

On the sweet side, they'll be the regular round of cookies and brownies, but we're also supplying Baked grasshoppers (a variation of the candy called White-Trash, but you make it with butterscotch chips) that is if I can keep SG from eating them all.  My cake this year will be a cauldron.

So, who's trick-or-treating my house this year?

2 comments:

Cat Grant said...

LOL! Sounds like a ton of fun! If I lived within driving distance, I'd be there. :)

James Buchanan said...

I do go so OUT for this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails