Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday 13-movies

I've been thinking about how I watch fewer and fewer movies these days. I keep meaning to change that, but still. I never seem to have time to sit through an entire film, let alone make it to the theater. So, I though I'd list thirteen movies I have seen of late. Of late being a rather loose term. I may have to dig deep.

1. Little Miss Sunshine
I was utterly charmed by this one. The grandfather made me cringe. Greg Kinnear was very, very good.
2. The Lake House
A bit slow, but I like the leads. Yeah, I know some people complain that Keanu Reeves can't act, but I disagree. I'm not saying he's the best of his generation or anything, but I found him quite personable.
3. She's the Man
Watched with my kids. Eh. But the lead, Channing Tatum or Tatum Channing, was cute. Didn't look like a teen though.
4. How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days
Silly and charming. I liked the leads, Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey.
5. The Wedding Planner
Okay, so whathisname was hot (Dermott?), but this fell flat for me on so many levels.
6. Bride and Prejudice
I enjoyed it, though I honestly don't remember much of it now. Kinda fun, the breaking into song and dance.
7. Charlotte Gray
Good. Was fascinated by Billy Crudup. Found all the very English accents in France a bit jarring.
8. Stage Beauty
Fascinated by Billy Crudup…
9. Proof
I thought this was excellent, especially Paltrow's performance, also Anthony Hopkins is very good.
10. Brokeback Mountain
Good movie, too sad for my taste, though I liked the first half. I found myself glancing at my watch the second half.
11. About a Boy
Love love love. I don't know why I love this movie so much. Killing me softly…
12. Love Actually
It was okay.
13. Mean Girls
Both Lindsay Lohan and Rachel McAdams were excellent!

And now after wracking my brain, I immediately remember Wedding Crashers, which manages to be many things at once, as well as entertaining.

4 comments:

Amanda Young said...

I know exactly what you mean, Joely. I swear, the longer I write, the less TV appeals to me. I'm down to maybe 2 hours a week now and even then I'm scribbling away on something. :)

Joely Skye said...

Half the time I wander off from a movie or tv show! But it is fun when they hook me.

Anne Cain said...

Great list, Joely! I'm with you on Brokeback...if Ang Lee had shaved off about 25-30 minutes from the film (maybe some of those scenery/sheep shots), or added 25-30 minutes of Jack and Ennis making out (*LOL*), then it would've been perfect.

Joely Skye said...

Anne—sometimes I think about renting it again just to watch the first half. Then I'd reimagine the second half in my head. (That's about as close to fanfic writing I get.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails