Friday, November 2, 2007

National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week & Print Sale

In 2001, my family grew by two almost overnight. We rescued a stray puppy practically straight out of the dogcatcher’s arms, snatching her the same afternoon a neighbor put a call to the city for animal pickup. A few weeks later, a Calico kitten ended up coming home with us along with our new weed whacker from Sears (don’t ask *g*). Our lastest addition arrived a couple of years after that, when another kitten moved herself into our carport and into our hearts.

Sometimes they drive me crazy (especially when the cats decide my scanner is their bed) but I can’t imagine my life without these little guys, and I don’t want to. They love unconditionally, never judge, and brighten my day (even when the pooch is stealing naps on my bed cuz she thinks I don’t know about it -- BUT I DO, because my pillow itches all night afterwards).

But what would’ve happened if we hadn’t taken in these sweeties? Tragically, most strays never have the chance to find a good home. :’( But there are folks helping to care for cats and dogs in these situations, and November 4th – 10th is the time of year to recognize the organizations that lend man’s best friend a helping paw. :)

In celebration of National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week, I’d like to help raise funds for Operation Kindness – a wonderful organization in North Texas devoted to housing and caring for animals until they find a loving home. This is a No-Kill shelter, and they help connect more than 2,500 dogs and cats with caring owners every year while maintaining humane conditions in their facility. I learned about Operation Kindness through my veterinarian, who has volunteered at the shelter in the past.

I’m selling four signed poster prints of some of my popular covers for m/m shifter books at $20, shipping included. Five dollars from each sale will be donated to Operation Kindness, and at the end of the month, I’ll match the total. The poster prints are 11”x17”, and will be shipped in a mailing tube along with a certificate of authenticity (ooh!) and some other goodies I have around: bookmarks, a mini-button, okashi. The covers are JL Langely's With Caution, Jet Mykles' Leashed 2, and my own Pawprints.

Pawprints Leashed 2 With Caution

Please post here with any questions about the print sale, or feel free to drop me a line: annecain.art@gmail.com If you’d like to find a No-Kill shelter in your area, check here for locations. There are so many different things you can do to help the organizations in your area, which include donating supplies or volunteering time to help care for the animals.

Thanks so much!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails