Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Very interesting news yesterday that Amazon is now offering a new e-book viewer with wireless access, called the Kindle. This could potentially be very good news for e-book authors if the technology catches on. I don't think that millions of people will switch to e-books overnight, but the tide could be turning towards electronic reading becoming more popular and accepted.

Is anyone planning on getting one? They're not available in Canada, so I couldn't even if I wanted to. I'd also probably wait for the price to drop, since you know it inevitably will. My first DVD player cost $500 (on sale!) not that many years ago, and of course now you can get one for as low as $40.

I'll certainly be interested to see how popular the Kindle becomes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lot of e-book publishers release their e-books into print backs now, that buying something like this would be no use to me. I'm not obsessive enough to want something like that, in the near future. However, if I were to buy something that read e-books, I would want something that didn't look like a mini fax machine.

I think it's a useless and overpriced gadget. I don't believe a lot of people will even consider buying this, unless they are hardcore e-book buyers.

Sadly, it's just a rip-off in my opinion.

Keira Andrews said...

It may very well be. So it'll be interesting indeed to see if it's a success or not.

Thanks for commenting! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails