Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Keeping Warm in Winter

One of our winter traditions is watching the old Rankin Bass Christmas specials while decorating gingerbread. This isn't what you'd normally expect for a gingerbread party, but we like to do things a little differently here. This year, our theme for the house was "Gay Frat House." It's complete with pledges dressed as snowmen, an upperclassman with a paddle, a leather cop who came to bust the kegger out back, and (of course) a Sister of Perpetual Indulgence.


While we decorated this year, the snow was falling outside. This rarely happens, and over the days since, we've accumulated about a foot here in the city. It's still glowing out there now all white and chilly. It makes me think of things I feel thankful for that keep me warm. Things like long underwear, snow gear, my husband, my kitty, the down comforter, the new insulation in the attic, and handsome men like him:

(Mmm...Jeremy Northam!)

So happy holidays, everyone, and may you stay warm and cozy whatever the weather brings your way!

(I noticed that Marty had the same idea when he posted yesterday. I'm glad I could continue in that vein. ;D )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails