Friday, April 16, 2010

Day After Tax Day, I Love you!

I've been counting down the days until April 15 for months and months. Because I was expecting a big refund? Because I had to pay out the wazoo? None of the above actually.

I've been grand-babysitting while my kid #1 worked for a pro tax service. With travel time 1-1/2 to 2 hours each way her 8 hour days gave Good Deed Doing Mom (me) 12 hour days. So not fun when we had half the Himalayas worth of snow on the ground. *UGH* (Slash & Burn I'm sorry for forsaking you)

Anyhoo, I did manage some writing in the precious down time and if the Muses are willing *begs Them shamelessly* I'll get more in. I have a huge chunk of a time travel done featuring one of my all time fav secondary characters Jake Hillhouse. I got myself hung up on how to translate the historical inspiration into a faster moving, slightly less convoluted fictional events.

Also on the agenda is reworking the 15k I have so far for the final story set in the copsuckerverse. Inspector Miki's gorgeous son is finishing law school and having some sinfully delicious thoughts on his boss who happens to be his dad's oldest friend....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails