Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Drive-by from Down Under

Just a quickie this week as I'm on an internet cafe computer in Christchurch, NZ where in the shore time my hubby and I will be here, they are expecting to get 1/4 to 1/3 of their rain for the year. ... You can take the girl out of the Pacific NW, but you can't take the PNW out of the girl: she brings the rain with her so she feels at home wherever she may go. ;)

Spent a few days in Sydney before coming here and discovered that the Opera House and Harbour Bridge are, indeed, real (Sometimes where these iconic structures are concerned, I have my doubts.); the Aussies real do love their pies (My fave of the ones I tried was pumpkin, feta, and lentils from a little bakery in the Blue Mountain region.); and that even in autumn, Manly Beach is quite manly. Wish I had pics, but I haven't gone through them yet. If I got anything really good, I'll share when I get home.

I should be working on some proofing/editing of a couple of manuscripts, but, dude, I'm in New freakin' Zealand. Work, much as I love writing, will just have to wait. Perhaps the rain will inspire me to stay in? ... Nah!

Kia ora!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails