Tuesday, October 28, 2008

NaNoWriMo 2008 Looms

Between the cold from hell and tech week, my life has been little more than sleep, cold meds, and musical theatre for the past week and a half. Sadly this has left little to no time or brainpower for m/m diversions. However, I'm taking my Vitamin C and looking ahead to the annual creative insanity that is NaNoWriMo. This will be my third year participating and I'm hoping to be a three-peat winner. I'm also hoping that this year, like 2006 and The Ballad of Jimothy Redwing, I will turn out something publishable. (I haven't yet tried selling the m/m novel I wrote for NaNo 2007; it's still with the betas.) I have two story ideas bouncing around in my head like tennis balls in a clothes dryer:



My fantasy universe with two new heroes – a Marthan priest and his healer/naturist lover – with Jimothy and Ricky as a secondary storyline, all dealing with a border dispute between the Rabbinical Diocese (yes, you read that right) and some Dusitan farmers encroaching on their land



and/or



A departure for me – a contemporary paranormal story about a team of ghost hunters who are hired by a coffee shop owner who thinks that the ghost haunting his Classic 1963 VW Beetle is expanding its territory to his home and business. There will undoubtedly be comedy to be found here. I can already tell that the gear guy for the company is a bit of a goof.



Needless to say in either case, hot m/m sex will occur. ;->



It's as likely as not that I'll end up writing on both over the course of the month. Hey, whatever it takes to reach that 50,000 word mark, right? Still, I'd love to hear what you think about these potential stories. Which, if either, appeals more to you as a reader?

2 comments:

Kate Davies said...

Either. Both. I'll read anything you write, and love it. ;) I'm looking forward to your take on a contemporary paranormal, though. Sounds like a blast!

Maia Strong said...

Aw, thanks! I'm pretty jazzed about the contemporary paranormal, myself. It's got my brain spinning. Now I just need to watch lots of Ghost Hunters so I can note the proper terminology for the equipment and whatnot. Such a hardship! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails