Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yay!

I'm in a VERY good mood today. Last night, I found a long-lost notebook in which I'd written the beginning of a prologue for my fantasy trilogy, Sword & Sorcery. The prologue is for The Lost Son (book 1) that comes out Feb. 2010 from Samhain.

Of course, in the arduous process of finding said notebook (which I WASN'T actively looking for at the time), I've found all my other notebooks. O.o

We're talkin' notes from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back... like brainstorming Going Home, and my old novel (under Kay Derwydd), The Legacy. It's kinda fun looking through those old notebooks, though my inner editor had a coronary several times throughout the process. It's amazing how much has changed--in my style, mainly--since those earlier days.

Hard to believe it's been 4 years since I started writing professionally. August marked mine and Shayne's 4th writing anniversary, too. Wow, what a trip it's been. :D

1 comment:

K.A. Mitchell said...

Isn't it scary to look back? I just reworked an (ahem) 18-year-old novella I had lying around in various notebooks and file folders. Talk about your inner editor's coronary! I though my eyes were burning from the cliched crap I'd written. I had no idea what I was doing then, but the feelings and the characters were there and salvageable.

So how much time did you spend rereading all your notebooks? :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails