Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Reasons to Party

Party reason 1: I have a new release! It came out last Wednesday from Torquere. I Put a Spell on You is an m/m/f anthology in which you will find my short story, Play Music, Play Magic. And that's just one of the awesome stories in this anthology; there are eight more, and everything has a magical theme to it. If you don't mind a bit of /f mixed into your m/m, you should totally check out this book!

Party reason 2: It's Dennis Grabosch's birthday! ... ::cricket, cricket:: Okay. That one may require a little backstory. Have I mentioned that I'm totally hooked on the German soap opera Alles Was Zählt, also known as AWZ? Yes? No? Anyway, there's a trio of wonderful women (Eskimo Kiss Project) who clip and translate the important story line (i.e. the gay romance story and the stuff that affects it) and put it up on YouTube. At the heart of this story line are Roman (Dennis Grabosch) and Deniz (Igor Dolgatschew). They are my favourite "Gay Boys With Issues". Who on a soap opera doesn't have issues, right? But their story, their acting, the depth of the connection of the characters goes so far beyond anything I've ever seen on a US soap that I can't even compare the two. They are so fantastic that the computer screen positively sizzles. Here, if you don't believe me, check this out.



If you don't want to watch the whole clip, just skip to 7:26 and watch the end. You'll see what I mean. ;-D So, a very happy birthday to Dennis Grabosch! May the day bring all the delights you desire!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails