Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Slowing down? Sort of...

Having been torn in 17 million directions for the past two and a half weeks, things seem to be slowing down a bit. Now I'm only going in about 7,000 directions. Still, that's a distinct improvement. It means I have time, at last, to focus more on my current manuscript--a GLBT contemporary paranormal story. Does this mean I'm having any luck with said manuscript? Well, now, that would be too easy, wouldn't it. For characters who were reasonably communicative across the first 60K words, they've all forced me to drag information out of them for the past 25K. ::sigh:: You know that old saying about getting blood from a stone? Yeah. That's what I'm looking at right now, and it's not some nice, porous pumice, either. It's freaking obsidian. See, I know what needs to happen next to resolve a certain issue. Hell, I've known that for an unprecedented length of time. Pantsers like me don't usually have that luxury. But it isn't making it any easier to write. The what is simple. It's the how that has me stymied, and not for the first time in this book. And the characters aren't helping. ::grr:: Ah well. I got through the last roadblock. I'll get through this one...eventually.

Maybe a Guinness Cupcake with Bailey's Buttercream will help. I think a trip to Trophy Cupcake is in order. Maybe after lunch. For now, though, back to the grind.

ETA: And after all my complaining, I churned out 4495 words to FINISH THE FIRST DRAFT! Whee! I guess sometimes whining about a problem actually does help. ;-D

2 comments:

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

YUm Yum! I've tried to make them before...

Maia Strong said...

I have a Guinness Chocolate Cake recipe, but I think it would make about 12 dozen cupcakes. Better for me just to buy two at the store. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails