Friday, January 11, 2008

The Joy of Completion

Though I'm gearing up for For Love and Country's release early next week from Samhain, I turned in another M/M novella, this time to Changeling. It's a story I've talked about over on Operation: Write and one that is near and dear to my heart.

No matter how many times I type (in my head) "the end" there is still immense satisfaction in knowing that I completed a story. It could be a novella (as this one was) or a full-length novel. I finished it. I completed something. I marked plot points off on my outline until I was done. It's a milestone. And it's something I always celebrate.

I'm someone who writes several novels at the same time. So, this means that although I may have the joy of finishing one, there's still several more waiting to be completed. It's not so much a cycle as an ever changing kaleidoscope of plots and progression.

Doesn't matter.

I still celebrate it when I finish a manuscript. And I can't wait to start the next one!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails