Thursday, July 31, 2008

Geeks and Bad Boys

Specifically, together.

What is it about a geek paired with a bad boy? I can't put my finger on it, but whatever it is, the end results are hot as hell. Maybe it's that whole "opposites attract" thing...

I've got several (ie, countless) works in progress, some of which I've been neglecting in favor of deadlines.

Some of those works involve geeks and bad boys.

I think the appeal for me, aside from the opposites thing, is the chance to explore hidden desires in someone you wouldn't expect to find them. Like...a geek who's a hardass top underneath, or the bad boy who secretly wants to beg to come.

So...do you like this type of pairing? Why?

7 comments:

Emily said...

Oh absolutely - can't get enough of this pairing! Part of it is probably because I am a geek. ;-)

It is partly the "opposites attract" but a lot has to do with the appeal of getting to see a side of a person that no one else does. A connection that is strong enough, for whatever reason, that lets each person open themselves up completely.

I mean who doesn't love a bad boy?!? They are willing to break the rules... often in very good ways! ;-)

JenB said...

I love this pairing. Actually, I think I like most pairings. I just like hot guys in general! LOL

What I love most in any pairing is multi-layered characters. It's cool to see a geek with a bad-boy edge or a tough guy with a mushy side.

Liz said...

Hehe! Exactly! :D There's just so much to explore with these guys...

Anonymous said...

Geek and bad boy is hot. One of my favourite pairings. Same with "jock" and "nerd" even though it's a pairing done so many times over. You can always do something new with it.

cs

JenB said...

Oh yes, jock and nerd...love that one!

Also CEO or company bigshot with IT guy. Very cute.

Liz said...

Hehe! So, we're looking at the arrogant vs. the geek. Oh, yeah!

Anonymous said...

I love it when the arrogant ones will do anything for their geeks LOL.

cs

Related Posts with Thumbnails