Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Monday!

Good morning! Why am I so chipper on this bright, and entirely too hot Monday morning? I have good news. Lots of good news, actually.

The sequel to Secrets & Lies, The Hard Truth was finished last week and turned in to my editor. No word back on what she thinks yet (these things take time) but I am thrilled to have it finished. :)

I've also signed another contract with Loose Id. They've accepted my Halloween themed m/m story, Reckless Seduction. As I'm sure you can imagine, it's scheduled to come out some time in October.

****
As as aside, a recent discussion about the movie Shortbus prompted me to watch it again the other night. Following my TV watching stupor, I looked up some of the cast. Turns out Jay Brannan (the actor who played Ceth in the movie) is a musician. I've embed one of his videos for you below.

Call me crazy, but I think this song (and the artist) is just adorable.

3 comments:

JenB said...

LOL...I love this!! So cute. Hmm...he sings like an Irish boy. I wonder where he's from.

Congrats on finishing The Hard Truth!

And I *loved* the book excerpt you posted on your Yahoo group. I don't want to wait 'til September! What kind of bribes will you accept for a sneak peek? ;)

Amanda Young said...

Thanks, Jen. Do you mean the excerpt for Precious Ache?

You know, I actually think the lovely Mr. Brannan is originally from Texas. Of course, I could be wrong about that. lol.

JenB said...

Yes, Precious Ache. Yummmmmmmmm. I want more of that.

This dude's name looks so much like my maiden name that I do a double take every time I see it typed out. LOL Texas, huh? You know all the good stuff comes from Texas. :)

(politicians and public leaders excluded, of course)

Related Posts with Thumbnails