Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Marriage Equality

There are a lot of political fights going on about something I think is a no-brainer: Marriage Equality. I mean, of course any pair of consenting adults should be able to marry each other whatever their gender and/or preference. We're fighting to retain our "everything-but-the-label-of-'marriage'" law here in Washington State. In Maine, where they already approved same-sex marriage, they're now having to fight to keep it. Here are a couple of vids of folks in Maine fighting the good fight. I especially like gentleman speaking in the second video: "A woman at my polling place asked me do I believe in equality for gay and lesbian people. I was pretty surprised to be asked a question like that. It made no sense to me. Finally I asked her: "What do you think I fought at Omaha Beach for?""





For everyone with elections coming up, make sure you get out there and vote, or get your ballot out in the mail on time, or whatever it takes to make your voice heard.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails