Sunday, January 20, 2008

guyliner

I had to get some new makeup yesterday so I headed over to the Benefit counter at my local Macy's, where I was promptly greeted by a very good-looking young man who obviously used some of the company's products. He had on some light eyeliner and I'm pretty sure some foundation too, or possibly just pressed powder. He was SO handsome that I couldn't stop staring at him, even while he was trying to show me the eye cream and highlighter and stuff that I wanted.

Finally I said to him, "You're very attractive. Do you use this?" And I held up the eye cream. Because man, if using that eye cream would make me look as pretty as he did, I was buying six pots.

He blinked very long eyelashes and smiled, showing very white teeth, and said, "I don't use this one, but my boyfriend swears by it."

The rest of my day was effectively wiped out by thoughts of these two putting on their product together in the mornings, possibly after their shower but before heading to the kitchen together for breakfast. Did I objectify both of them? Yes. Do I think they would have cared? No. Because I bought almost a hundred dollars worth of makeup and product, and all because of the prettiness factor.

Every cosmetics counter should have pretty men behind it instead of women. I bet women would buy a hell of a lot more makeup.

10 comments:

clear skies said...

LOL!

Men in black eye liner or eye shadow, makes me melt.

Maybe this guy could be inspiration for a new story ;) lol.

Keira Andrews said...

I love guys in eyeliner. YUM.

"The rest of my day was effectively wiped out by thoughts of these two putting on their product together in the mornings, possibly after their shower but before heading to the kitchen together for breakfast."

I look forward to reading this scenario in one of your future books. *g*

Barbara Sheridan said...

This brings to mind conversations Anne Cain and I have had about how we miss the old school colored hair and make-up days of our J-rock boys.

They're handsome guys as is, but toss on some eyeliner and they're drop dead gorgeous and look prettier than us. ^_^

jetmykles said...

Oh yeah! Pretty men in makeup--not tons but just enough to enhance--are to die for. I'm with you, that's darn good fantasy material!

Tory Temple said...

I'm in complete agreement with all of you. Next book: Boys in Makeup.

:D

veinglory said...

We so need to bring back the androgenous look...

Anonymous said...

LOL - I have to agree with all the above :P

Tory Temple said...

Ohhhh, Emily. YUM. I'll stand in line right behind you. ;)

Ally Blue said...

"The rest of my day was effectively wiped out by thoughts of these two putting on their product together in the mornings, possibly after their shower but before heading to the kitchen together for breakfast."

O_O

Thanks much for that "alone time" fantasy...

Tory Temple said...

LOL, Ally. No problem. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails