Sunday, June 26, 2011

Anyone catch the new M/M storyline that's developing on the daytime soap Days of our Lives? They're doing a gay teen romance over there and I have high hopes for it. Well, "teen" means over the age of US consent, thankfully. They're about 18 or 19 years of age. But next week they could be in their mid-20s, because if you've ever watched a soap opera, you know how those kids magically age a decade in a few months.

Anyway, I plan on tuning in, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that these two cuties don't end up the way of poor Luke and Reid over on As the World Turns. It's quite heartening to me that daytime soaps are expanding their horizons and willing to include gay storylines more and more these days. However, I still think there's a long way to go in terms of how they're actually portrayed. But I'm always hopeful.

In other news, HOORAY for New York state's decision to allow gay marriage! This is what the Empire State Building looked like this week.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails