Sunday, January 5, 2014

Under Contract

2013 was a busy year. I spent a ton of time in doctor's offices addressing neck and shoulder pain. It's not all gone, but I'm managing it -- some days better than others -- and that's the best I can ask for at this point. I've also revamped my diet, removing most grains and sugar-added items from my meals, returned to a steady running plan, and wrestled insomnia down to a moderate annoyance.

Between my literal pain in the neck and working through setting myself up for a potential career path adjustment with my current employer I've barely had time to write. Sure, I could get up early to write, but sleep is important. I could forgo football season but... hahaha. Never mind. I think you know how these things go.

So despite all of this, I do have an exciting announcement. In between all these other activities, I have managed to write a story for Loose Id, with an expected release this spring, in time for Ostara (Easter). I don't have more than that to share today. I've yet to name the story, or edit my query blurb, but when these things get addressed, I will share them with you.

My fingers are crossed for a productive 2014. I hope to write more, step up my running program, and start a new role that will carry me through the next few years at the day job.

I hope you all had a wonderful 2013 and are looking forward to exciting activities and goals for this new year. Best wishes to each and every one of you.

Pia Veleno


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails