Wednesday, November 7, 2012

You Show Me Yours....


People who get their Christmas shopping done early really piss me off. Not because they then can lord it over stupid idiots like me who are still remembering who they forgot to buy for on December 26, but because it means that every year that dreaded question starts earlier and earlier.

“So,” someone pins me with a look sometime before freaking Halloween, “Christmas list time. What do you want?”

It’s not that I don’t like presents because I totally do, and the idea that I can make a list of stuff I want and have some expectation of receiving has been pretty damned cool ever since I first picked up crayon and put it to paper to clue Santa in on my deepest desires.

Errr, sometimes being an erotica author has unintended consequences requiring brain bleach.

Okay, where was I? Yeah, so around this time of year, people start asking other people all that same question. I decided to have a little fun with the deepest desires part of making lists, and wrote a novella called Wish List which is coming out from Carina Press on December 3 as part of the Red Hot Holiday anthology. In it, my hero Jonah finds a really unexpected gift that send him scrambling to find out what he really wants from his boyfriend Evan. It’s me, so I don’t think I’ll be ruining the surprise to say that much kinky sex ensues as a result of Jonah’s list.

But that’s not the only thing I wanted to tell you about. I am nothing if not a shameless briber—um generous giver of gifts. There’s a 12 Days of Christmas Blog going on at the USA Today Happy Ever After Blog where you can win some awesome prizes from me or one of eleven other authors with holiday romances hitting or heating up your ereaders, like Jill Shalvis and Molly O’Keefe and Leah Braemel and Anne Calhoun. My blog and prize will be going up this Friday, November 9. Then after that, you can enter to win my corresponding gift (five golden rings equals $50 in gift cards at an e retailer) at my website. The contest runs through November 25 so keep stopping by to check out the other writers who are participating.

So...what’s on your Wish List? 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails