Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Plans

A fun time was had over on FB for Torquere's social media contest. I enjoyed sharing a few behind-the-scenes facts about Rose & Thorn, and I hope everyone who popped over to take a look and participate had fun, too.

Summer hasn't arrived here yet, and really I'm looking forward to it this year. (Possibly a first for me.) We've not had much of summer the past two years, and while I don't care for it to get over 80 degrees, it'd be nice to be warm and sweater-free for a couple of weeks. Plus, I have three summer weddings to attend this year. I wouldn't want the happy couples to get rained on.

My own summer plans are not so life-changing, but I'm still super excited about them. The hubby and I and two good friends are going to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival next month! I haven't been in six years, and I can't wait! We're seeing Henry V (Who doesn't love HV, right?), a new show called Medea, Macbeth, Cinderella, and my second-favourite of the Bard's plays and arguably the slashiest of his works, Troilus & Cressida. Just ignore the title characters; they're both a bit irritating. For me, this show is all about Achilles and Patroclus. Which reminds me, I must pick up a copy of The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. Have you heard about this book? She won the 2012 Orange Prize for Fiction for it, and it's about the relationship between Achilles and Patroclus. I'm so jazzed to read it! Perhaps I should take it with me to read in Ashland. Come on summer!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails