Sunday, June 3, 2012

Resolving Resolutions


Six months ago, I decided to bring back my monthly resolutions… and then promptly forgot about them. It’s been a hectic six months, and much of that is due to the first of the three resolutions. Not only did I get the story submitted, but it has also been accepted, edited, and released. Huzzah!

Now that Hounded By Love has hit the electronic shelves, I have the time to revisit some old and new goals. The other two resolutions from January revolved around being healthy. It took a couple of extra months, but I’m eating a lot healthier, and not only have I not given up on the treadmill, but I’ve embraced it.

The best part of finally coming back to those goals is that I finally lost the weight I’d gained after breaking my foot. I don’t miss the take-out nights, and I’m starting to crave the raw vegetables I’ve been snacking on, so the only torture is going to the grocery store twice as often.

So what’s kind of goals should I strive for over the next few months?

I’ve agreed to pick up a dropped prompt for the GoodReads M/M Romance group’s Love is Always Write event, so there’s goal one. With the exception of the LiAW freebie, I won’t let myself work on anything else until I get the untitled sequel to Man Whore finished. I’m estimating about another 20k words to reach the end. It shouldn’t be taking this long, and I really want this one off my plate so I can move on to the rest of the series.

Lastly, my health goal this month will be low-impact activities and strength training. I’ve been struggling with muscle pain, and in order to let things heal I need to back off on the running program for a short while. It’ll be difficult to combine finishing a book I’ve struggled with and backing off on running, but it’s something I must do, and so I will find a way to do it.

Who’s up for some change? What goals do you have for the next couple of months?


Now Available at:




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails