Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vacation Time!

I'm super excited because this week the hubby and I are taking a trip to The Oregon Shakespeare Festival for the first time in six years. We're seeing three shows, one original and two of The Bard's works. You probably won't remember, but back in 2008 I posted about Shakespeare's Gay Boys. Those being Achilles and Patroclus in Troilus & Cressida, in case you didn't know. A friend recently described this play as two acts of a three act play, only the third act never got written. I totally agree. I would add to that, though, that Shakespeare would have had a better script if he'd said to hell with the title characters and instead written a love/hate triangle involving Achilles, Patroclus, and Hector. What's my point? My point is that I'm going to see this show in Ashland this coming Sunday and I am stoked! It'll be the third production I've seen of it, and I can't wait to find out how this director has handled the relationships. I have an affinity for this play (obviously) and even wrote a steampunk short story based off of it. It wasn't accepted to the anthology that put out the original call, but one of these days I'll self-pub it so geeks like me can read it and, I hope, get a kick out of it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails