Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New interview + Pride

My recent interview with Top 2 Bottom Reviews went live yesterday. You can read it here. Watch me trying to be thoughtful and tactful without coming across as a complete dork. I'll leave it to you to decide whether or not I was successful.

I hope everyone enjoyed Pride Month and its festivities! Pride was a little more political than usual here this month. We're still fighting for marriage equality, you see. Our governor signed it into law, but a small group of haters have forced us to vote on it this November. So this year's Pride events were focused on getting out the word: Yes on Referendum 74! Voting yes will approve the law that legalizes same-sex marriage in the state. Here's hoping we, as voters, will do the right thing *again* and finally shut the haters up for good.

On a cheerier and less political note, there are so many great images from our local Pride Parade that I can't pick a favorite. The little kid with the balloon underneath the enormous rainbow flag? The Episcopal minister smiling and blessing the crowd? The mostly naked Batman with rainbow sleeves and thigh-highs? The rainbow Stormtrooper? The naked cyclists who apparently couldn't get enough of cycling in naked the previous weekend at the Solstice Parade? I just can't decide! Here's a link to a local paper with a great gallery of images to enjoy. Wherever you are, I hope your month was colorful. :-D

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails