Friday, January 15, 2010

OMG-really?!?

Occasionally--okay, frequently--I vanish off the face of the Internets so I miss out on a few WTF moments, including this gem: Sherlock Holmes sequel threatened by implied gay-ness.

What the hell?!? I mean, really?!? Downey's Sherlock Holmes was awesome, and I looooved the subtle tension between the two leads. Tension so subtle in fact, that I may have been imagining most of it while watching the film. But I really enjoyed that ambiguity anyway, and I can't believe the Arthur Conan Doyle estate is getting their panties in a knot over some innuendo. (And kudos to Robert Downey Jr. for playing it up for the fans.)

Anyone else care to opine? I'm sure there's already fan art out there with Downey/Law being all cute and cuddly as Sherlock/Watson, but I'd so draw something to that effect if I wasn't so swamped with other projects already. If you guys have any links to cool gay-ed up Holmes stuff, please post them here. It's all in good fun, and the people who whine about it need to chill out. ;)

3 comments:

Tam said...

No links but hey, if Tinky Winky and his purse got everyone in a dither I'm not really surprised. Disgusted, but not surprised. I lurve me some RDJr.

Anonymous said...

Actually, that woman's claim to the rights have been denied repeatedly in federal courts. She will have no say whatsoever regarding any sequels.

http://www.sherlockian.net/acd/copyright.html

Anne Cain said...

Thanks, Anonymous! I thought the copyright on Doyle's works would've expired a while ago.

@Tam--bwahaha! Seriously. I'm totally on board with the RDJr love. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails