Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wow. Halfway through January? Seems like just yesterday I was toasting to 2010. Happy Sunday, slashers. It's a long weekend here in the U.S. (thank you, Dr. King) and we're preparing for a LOT of rain on the west coast. Like, the type of rain that makes everyone say, "Are you ready for the rain?" And we don't really talk much about the weather in southern California, since it's pretty much the same year-round. But I guess the prospect of up to eight inches of the wet stuff between now and Friday is a topic of interest. If I float away, I've already willed my e-book collection to someone, so no fighting.

Speaking of e-books, January is always time for the Preditors and Editors Readers' Poll. I totally forgot about it this year until someone emailed me to say they had voted for me. Since not only did I totally forget the polls were open, but I also had no idea that someone had nominated my story Embers in the Short Story - Romance category, I was quite delighted. I was also delighted to find that I'd placed eighth in the category, and I'm one of only two M/M stories in the top ten! So YAY, readers! You guys rock!

Happy January, everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails