Sunday, April 4, 2010

Zombies!

Yeah, I think y'all can figure out why I'm thinking of zombies today (shut up, it's technically still today!). I think the real question here is, why can't you get marshmallow zombies at Target? Kind of like Peeps, only cooler *g*

Sooo... In honor of the Day That Makes Many Of Us Think Of Zombies (some of us to such an extent that they created a whole event to celebrate), let's discuss zombies, shall we?

Favorite zombie movie:
Return of the Living Dead. Sure, Night of the Living Dead is an awesome movie. It still scares the everloving crap out of me, and I've seen it at least a dozen times. But Return of the Living Dead is that rare, perfect combination of terrifying, clever, and side-splittingly funny. It's full of tiny little visual gags you'd miss if you're not paying attention, particularly during the scenes in the medical supply warehouse. Best line? "Send more cops." Heh *G*
FWIW, Sean of the Dead was a very, very, VERY close second. That film was perfection on multiple levels. I'm afraid I just have a hopeless soft spot for Return of the Living Dead.

Favorite zombie book:
Is this a trick question? World War Z. Duh.
Well, I say that, but that could be because I haven't read another zombie book since this one. I am willing to have my mind changed by another great read.
And I'm NOT looking for an excuse to read zombie books.
.
.
.
Okay, yes I am.

Related to the above is this -- Favorite zombie short story:
"Lazarus," by Leonid N. Andreyev. I don't remember where or when I first read this. Re-reading it, I can't help but think it must have been in a literature class, because it kind of reads like something from a lit book, in that part of me was always left going "wha-huh...?". OTOH, I actually enjoyed it very much then AND now, so who knows. It kind of kicks my mind into high gear. I read it, and I feel like I'm on the verge of grasping something Very Important. Kind of like when I watch Donnie Darko. I think this won't qualify as a zombie story for everyone. It depends on your definition of what a "zombie" is; my definition does indeed include Lazarus, though, so I'm saying it counts.

Favorite zombie song:
I don't know any. Or maybe I'm just too whupped to remember (EDJ today; I'm wiped. Bleh). Do you know any? Because it would be amazing to have zombie songs on my iTunes :)
Just FYI, I am not counting "Zombie" by The Cranberries, because it's not really about actual zombies, is it?

Favorite zombie:
Me!
No, I'm not kidding. I am so zonked out, I totally resemble a zombie in all important ways right now. Tiiiiiired. OMG, tired. So, yeah, I'm dragging my zombie rear off to bed now. Sweet zombie dreams, y'all! And don't forget to come back and share your own zombie favorites!

4 comments:

Lily said...

I totally LOVE Return of the Living Dead. The cops line, brilliant! :D

Amanda Young said...

I have a huge thing for Zombies. No, not that kind of thing. Get your mind out of the gutter. I just love them. I think my top 3 favs would be Shaun of the Dead, the remake of Night of the Living Dead, and Night of the Creeps.

I haven't heard of the book you mentioned, but I'll definitely look it up. I just bought a new one on Saturday called Pallid Light, but I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet.

Ally Blue said...

Lily, I know, right? LOL! I love that part. So funny *g* I also love the part where the paramedics are in the funeral home with the two guys who are dead and don't know it yet and find out they're room temperature! LOLOL!

Amanda, OMG, you HAVE to read World War Z! Luisa Prieto turned me on to that one and I'm glad she did. It's about the fictional zombie war, told via interviews with survivors after the fact. There's actually a link to it in the post but it doesn't show up until you mouse over it. I don't know why. That is, as my daughter would say, irksome <_<

Katrina said...

Hi Ally,
If you did have a "thing" for zombies you might be interested in a movie called "Otto: Or, Up with Dead People." That "thing" will be taken care of right off, I never got through the first 15 minutes because it's very graphic (take note that it's German...so that means European Graphic), but it's got your sex and zombies. The movie website with trailer, can be found here http://www.ottothezombie.de/
However, it stars a cute twink zombie.
It's even available through Netflix.

Related Posts with Thumbnails