Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow, Words, and Worlds

So I'm sitting here, ahead of time because I actually remembered it's my blog day tomorrow (today by the time this posts), and I'm wondering what to blog about. I could blog about the unseasonable snow that fell off and on Monday. It stuck, too. Very weird for November around here. I could blog about NaNoWriMo. I hit 45K words today, so yay that. Or I could do what I said I'd do last time I posted and tell you a little more about the novella I recently contracted with Torquere.

Okay, what did I tell you before? ::goes to check:: [muttering] Compass Hearts; first novella; same universe as... Got it. [/mutter]

Here's a bit of blurbage for starters:
When Ash Thearon meets Matthew Morgan, he finds him handsome and more than a little puzzling. To solve that puzzle, he has to first collect all the pieces—something more easily said than done.

As the fourth son of merchant parents, Matthew has always been superfluous. The only guidance he ever received was to behave and to stay out of the way. Now at a new university half a world away from home, he must discover who he is and what he wants. The only trouble is, he's never made a decision in his life.

The new friends quickly become lovers, but Matthew's limited experience has taught him only how to be dependent. Ash wants more than that; he wants a partner. As the holiday of Afan Valen approaches, Matthew tries too hard to please his new lover and Ash wonders how to teach him independence without losing him.

***

I said it's set in the same world as Client Privileges, which it is. But it's a different country, in fact a different continent, than that book. When I say "world," I mean it literally, not just literarily. I have maps and everything. Not of the whole planet, but of a good chunk of it. It's a pretty big planet, to be honest, and it doesn't have frozen poles so there's a lot more habitable land than there might otherwise be.

Compass Hearts is a quiet romance, if you know what I mean. And if you don't know, well, you're smart. I'm sure if you think about it for a minute you'll come up with your own idea what that means, and I bet you'll be spot on. It's quiet, but it's steamy, too. You put two sexy college boys together in the middle of winter and they're bound to find ways to keep each other warm, right?

I don't have any dates yet, but I'll let you know when I do. In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving to those who are celebrating it this week. I'll be most thankful if the snow melts before I have to drive to my folks' house on Thursday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails