Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Yes, technically it is evening...

...but I am unable to resist posting a few favorite lyrics here:

I'm looking at myself reflections of my mind, It's just the kind of day to leave myself behind. So gently swaying through the fairyland of love, If you'll just come with me you'll see the beauty of...Tuesday afternoon.

I don't know why I selected Tuesday to be my posting day here. Maybe because it's not Monday, because the beginning of the week is never good for me to commit to things. When a week begins I've always come off an exhausting weekend of taking care of the family and staying up late to catch up on projects. Fridays are right out as well, since the last thing I want to think about then is work. Tuesday strikes a good balance with me, so Tuesday is when I'll be here.

Right now I'm taking a break from revisions on The Healing, my M/M vamp work due from Phaze this summer. The Healing had been originally with Venus Press but I pulled it early this year. Actually, Phaze had offered a contract on it when I first shopped it, but I went with Venus, I suppose, to test the eBook waters. You see some authors have something with everybody, while I find myself sticking with one house (save for the occasional side trip). What can I say, though? I like Phaze. They are good to me, and I think they are going to be big one day. I hope I can contribute to that.

Anyway, my plans with The Healing are to go more in depth with the story. The original version seemed lacking to me, there was more to tell. I plan to do my best in telling it. Another plus is a new cover. While I have admired the artwork of Venus Press, I was never crazy about the cover I received. I don't blame the artist, she was limited with what she could do. For some reason, there was a policy against two-man shots. While the finished product above isn't heaving man-titty, I like it. I think it portrays the gentle nature of the story, the gradual passion that eventually consumes Dan and Julian.

Being Tuesday, I'm hooked on American Idol, though it's not been a good season for music. This 60s night is proving somewhat ghastly. It's an off-key train wreck, an assault to my ears. Maybe I'm a closet masochist at heart?

3 comments:

Amanda Young said...

Love the new artwork, Leigh. I'm interested to see how the new version will stack up to the Venus one. I have already have that one in my collection. *g*

Leigh Ellwood said...

Thanks, I hope I don't disappoint.

J said...

Congrats on the enhanced version coming out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails