Tuesday, December 7, 2010

BBC Sherlock

Has anyone else watched the new Sherlock TV series? There's only three eps. (There need to be more! And according to the BBC, there will be, and they should know.) I guess the BBC aired them about six months ago, and then they hit PBS here in the States last month or so. LOVE THEM! Love how all the classic subtext is now maintext, and yet they still don't give you a definitive are they/aren't they answer. Very clever, that. I mean, honestly, Holmes and Watson are so married in this new version. Am I right? You know I am. And yet... Anywho, if you haven't checked it out, what the hell are you waiting for? The hubby and I watched them online. The first is the best, IMO. The first meeting between Holmes and Watson is spot on to the original meeting. The second ep lags rather a lot, but then the third brings it home... Almost. Go watch them. You'll see what I mean. My brain is churning out ideas of how to follow up on that third ep, but I'd rather Stephen Moffat did it for me. So much less work that way. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In complete agreement! After seeing the shows online in August, went searching for more info, and discovered the wonderful world of slash. There are now untold thousands of Sherlock BBC slash fics online, including some bloody brilliant stuff. Not just John/Sherlock (the show practically sets up a neon sign to point to that romance), but also Lestrade/Sherlock, Lestrade/John, Mycroft/Lestrade (my favorite) and . . . well, many more. 221B Baker Street is paradise.

SH said...

Hi there - please join my new Sherlock forum - http://sherlock.boardhost.com - lots of interesting topics already on the go! Thanks in advance!

Related Posts with Thumbnails