Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Holidays!

I am finally getting into the holiday spirit! About time, too, since tonight is Winter Solstice. The hubs and I got a little tree on Sunday and put lights and a few ornaments (that never got put away last year, d'oh) on it. The last two ordered gifts arrived on Monday and got wrapped; and I need to go get a gift card to my friend's fave bookstore. Then gifties will be officially done. It goes quicker when you're not buying much and you have a small family. This doesn't mean it's going to be a quiet week, though. I have to bake for the Solstice party tonight, and then I need to start putting together the dishes I'm bringing to Christmas Eve (at the in-laws) and Christmas Day (with the fam). And I need to remember to feed my friends kitties all week. And while all this is going on, I'm finishing up the revisions for a novel I'm resubmitting to Carina Press. Busy, busy! Still, none of this is onerous stuff. It's all good and fun, and that makes all the difference in the world! ... But I'm still looking forward to our four-night vacation to the snow in January. That decompression time is invaluable!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails