Monday, October 8, 2007

Hotlanta!

I just got back from Atlanta, and I'm sorry to say I didn't get to see much. But what I did see was quite yummy... Men looking sharp in their expensive suits, their friendly nods and smiles as my co-worker and I passed by.

We erotic writers spend our days and nights describing the perfect male specimen (at least for that particular WIP), and we often post eye candy. But seeing a perfect man in the flesh this past week was a strange experience for me. Usually I don't go for a pretty boy type with features obviously crafted by some angel-artist before this gorgeous creature was born. I like 'em rugged. A little hint of five-o'clock shadow or a goatee. This guy had no facial hair. His eyes were hazel. The airport was crowded, but when I saw him I stopped. Everything stopped. My breathing, my heart. He was that hot. My first thought (when I got my brain back) was would he think it rude if I asked to take his photo. But it was too late. He (and his equally gorgeous gal pal) moved past. Our eyes did meet for a second, and I truly hope he took my look/gawk/stare for what it was: utter admiration. For his parents' genes or for that angel I spoke of earlier.

Next time I visit Atlanta, the camera stays around my neck at all times. I don't want to miss this kind of opportunity again.

So that was the good news. The bad is that Gaylaxicon 2007 was happening at the same time as my work conference so I couldn't attend. Did anyone happen to go? One panel was "What's Love Got to Do With It?: Do We Need All This Romance Cluttering Up Our SF/Fantasy/Horror?" I wonder how that one went.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I dig your blog. I noticed the mention of Gaylaxicon so I thought I'd give you a link to some pics on my blog. check it out when you get a chance. www.gayprideatlanta.blogspot.com

Laura Bacchi said...

Wow - thanks so much! I'll go check out the pics. Thanks for sharing this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails