Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Holidays!

So, it's holiday time. If you celebrate Hanukkah, like I do, then your time for rushing around and getting just the perfect gift has passed. I still need to find a few things, however, since we spend Christmas Day with friends who celebrate it. Braving the mall today seems quite daunting.

I was thinking about the holiday-themed stories that are inevitably written at this time of year and I was wondering about them. I will read them, but tend not to purchase them (as a whole, but sometimes an individual story will catch my eye, such as Keira Andrews' Eight Nights) because it's often hard for me to go back during the year and re-read a holiday story during the summertime. That's purely a personal thing; I know there are hundreds of excellent Christmas/Kwanzaa/Yule/New Year stories published around this time and that thousands of readers get enjoyment from them. But is there anyone else who has trouble re-reading even a really good Christmas story in the spring? No? Okay, just me. :)

In any case, I still see slash potential at the holidays, even in music. Here's a little song I love to listen to at this time of year, because I can totally see these cowboys working the range together on Christmas Day and then going home to cuddle up by the fire. Give it a listen.

Jars of Clay -- Christmas for Cowboys

1 comment:

Keira Andrews said...

It's not just you -- I can't watch holiday movies or read holiday stories unless it's November or December. It just feels wrong otherwise. But I always look forward to enjoying movies or books again every year, since I never tire of my fave holiday tales.

Related Posts with Thumbnails