Thursday, December 6, 2007

Sleigh bells ring...

Heh. It's been a long day, but I survived it!

We have snow and ice, so one kid's school was delayed and the other's was closed. So, between having my son home all day and cleaning, I managed, believe it or not, to get a little done.

I have a short-short story coming out as a Sizzle in the next All Romance Ebooks newletter. Just turned it in, and I'll let y'all know when it's live. It's a little musical number called "Descant". A bit different from my usual fare, but then again, maybe not. Music is close to my heart--especially classical, since I grew up on it.

Music plays a huge role in my work--from entire playlists for stories/characters, to general inspiration. At times, it even plays a role in my stories themselves. I'm currently working on a story for the Urban Phaze line in which one of the lead men is a French horn player. Seeing as how I played the horn in high school, and my mother still plays, it just seemed natural. The couple in the Urban Phaze story will also star in a later story for Phaze's Overture line.

A lot of authors don't like music or noise when they work. I am one of those who can't really work without it. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails