Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Slash it Up, Please


While at Book Expo America, we ladies in the ManLoveRomance booth had the opportunity to chat with a number of slash readers. To discuss the whole evolution and popularity of slash fiction was fascinating enough, but then we got into some truly crazy territory. Seems on the Internet, you can find pairings of just about anybody and everybody - many of which will certainly leave you scratching your head. One woman informed us, for example, of a small movement dedicated to Mac/PC Guy Slash!

Hi, I'm a Mac.

And I'm a PC.

And I really like your ass.

Well, boot me up, big boy.

Uh-huh.

Well, it got me thinking about other unusual pairings I've seen over the years, and it's inspired me to make a list of what I think are the wildest, most bewildering slash couples on the Net. You're welcome to submit a few yourself, maybe we can make a small guide available for those willing to open their minds, if not their mouths (gaped in shock).

My picks from random searches:

Whose Line is it Anyway? - Ryan Stiles/Colin Mocherie: If you know where to look, you'll find stories about this pair. Don't ask me what would inspire such fiction, maybe some fans took the Hoedown game a bit too seriously.

Quantum Leap - Sam/Al: I'll say right now that this is still one of my all-time favorite shows. To know that QL slash exists doesn't surprise me, but I have to admit it would be a challenge given the context of the show. Al and Sam existed in different times, for one. How much fun can you have with a holographic image?

M*A*S*H - Hawkeye/Winchester: I'm sorry, Hawkeye belongs with Trapper. Nuff said.

Dukes of Hazzard - Bo/Luke: Wrong on so many levels. I'm almost afraid to search for Blue Collar TV stuff. Git 'r done, indeed.

4 comments:

Keira Andrews said...

Mac/PC Guy slash! I've officially seen it all.

A nutty pairing (to me, anyway) that I saw once was Frasier/Niles slash. I guess there was a lot of pent-up incestuous sexual frustration lurking under those witty urbane exteriors!

Anonymous said...

It appears so Keira, for Sam/Dean pairing from Supernatural is out there quite a bit if you know where to look *shutter*

Anonymous said...

Well, when it gets to Cliff/Norm pairing then we'll know the genre has gone too far.

Keira Andrews said...

Yep, "Wincest" is all over fandom, Marty. Everyone is free to like what they like, of course, but I just can't get into it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails