Sunday, August 26, 2007

And now, for something completely different... maybe...

Okay, so I just finished up the lastest Ally Blue Angst-A-Thon, Untamed Heart, and sent it to my editor. First of all, just let me say, WOO-HOO!! Because it was HARD. Not THAT kind of hard, you pervs (though there was a fair amount of that going on). Hard as in mucho difficult for Ally to get through, for various and sundry reasons. Second, a confession: I really, really want to write something not-angsty for a change.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not abandoning the rip-your-heart-out tales. There are plenty of nail-biters coming down the pike from me in the future. After writing Untamed Heart, though, I just feel the need to throw in something a bit lighter. I had a blast writing Catching A Buzz, and I'd love to do that sort of light humor again.

So what do y'all think? Can the Evil Mistress of Gay Angst repress the urge to torture her boys long enough to turn out a fun, feel-good story? Or do you think I'll still turn it into a drama instead of a comedy? You may place your bets now *g*

5 comments:

Cassandra Gold said...

I don't know if you can resist the urge to torture your heroes, but I for one would love to see another fun story like Catching a Buzz. I enjoyed that one a lot.

Rather than betting on you turning back to the Angst Side, I'll bet you can stay in the light (at least for a little while) :D

Ally Blue said...

Woo-hoo! Thank you muchly, Cassandra, I shall do my best :D

Anonymous said...

I really liked the fact you used teenagers in 'Catching a Buzz' so that was refreshing from the usual adult characters too :)

Anonymous said...

Loved Catching A Buzz and more from them or stuff like it? WOrks for me!
Elaine

Ally Blue said...

Cool beans! Thank you Lidyah and Elaine :D

I'm brainstorming the plot right now. One of our star-crossed lovers is going to acquire the nickname "Bubbles" O_O

Related Posts with Thumbnails